Saturday, May 20, 2006

Calgary, Alberta

So here I am in Calgary for the long weekend, and slightly disappointed with the weather. It is warm, and pleasant out, with a slight breeze and the occasional 5 minute rain shower. What's wrong with that you ask? Sadly, it is cloudy and overcast. Flat light is not great for outdoor photography much of the time.

But oh well. I don't control the weather. I will someday, but I can't right now.

However, on a lighter note (no pun intended), the Oilers beat Anaheim last night 3-1. This was a great way to open Duck Hunting season. I will be looking for a repeat performance tomorrow night.

I was also happy to see the support in Calgary for our beloved Edmonton Oilers. Of course the electricity and excitement was missing from the people here, but I have spotted the occasional Oil flag or jersey. Last night, almost every bar was showing the game on TV (even if the volume was on mute), and this afternoon, at Milestones restaurant, the newspaper article describing the Oiler's win last night had been pinned up. Way to go Calgary!

At any rate, I will make another post soon, and hopefully a few more photos along with it.

Stay cool, and support the Oilers.

Rainn

No comments:

Post a Comment